Smart Security: Safety on The Doorstep
For some people, opening the door to strangers can cause unwanted anxiety. Especially during times when interactions with non-family members should be handled with caution and kept to a minimum. Smart home security can help. In this article, we’ll be focusing on the features and benefits of two key security products which minimise contact and can help you feel more secure on your doorstep.
Smart doorbells allow you to talk to visitors using your smartphone or tablet, without the need for face-to-face contact. You can accept deliveries or talk to neighbours, from anywhere.
Smart doorbells come with a built-in camera, speakers, and use WiFi. When someone presses the doorbell, the chime will sound to alert you someone is at the door, and you’ll also receive a notification on your phone via the app. In addition, most smart doorbells come with a motion sensor which is triggered before the doorbell has been pressed.
Using the associated app, you can view live footage and speak in real-time to your visitor. As an added security measure, it’s also possible to record footage. Additionally, some doorbells allow you to share the app – so your family members can see who is visiting your home, or vice versa.
Here at Smart Choice Security, we offer a variety of different smart doorbell options. We’ve listed three of our favourites, below
1. Smart Choice Rechargeable Doorbell This is a great option for anyone new to smart home security. Easy to set up and available in white or black, there are no ongoing fees attached. Receive alerts to your phone, view live footage at any time and talk two-way when needed. Complete with night vision, this smart device is effective and affordable. Battery life depends on the number of triggers but typically a charge lasts 4 – 7 weeks before a top up is needed.
2. ERA WiFi Doorbell The ERA WiFi Doorcam has a sleek design, is available in a black or white finish, and comes with HD video. It has a 180° field of view, which allows you to monitor your garden or drive. It also has customisable PIR motion detector zones, which you can set up to trigger and record. Live view is also available, and this great product comes with a 2-year guarantee.
3. Ring Doorbell V3 plus This updated version of the popular Ring Doorbell offers 1080p HD video and comes with a removeable, rechargeable battery. The night vision has been improved from the previous version, and it also comes with interchangeable face plates so you can change the look to suit your style. For an additional monthly cost, you can sign up for Ring Protect to view video history and receive a warranty.
Smart locks allow you to control access to your property without the need for keys. Whether you’re always losing your keys or are constantly fighting with your existing door lock, there’s a smart lock for you. Most smart locks are either WiFi or Bluetooth controlled. This means you can gain access to your home using your smartphone. You can also grant access to other family members by setting up digital keys (which can be revoked at any time). These modern looking devices are smart, secure, and stylish. With fewer physical keys around, there is also less change of someone taking a key and entering without your knowledge. Entries are logged and can be reviewed via the accompanying app. Make your home smarter by trying one of our Smart Choice Security locks, today. Below are three great options to get you started:
With the Ultion SMART lock, you can grant people access to your home via their smartphones. Simply use the free app to send an invite by email or text. You can also set the Ultion SMART lock to unlock as soon as you approach the door. Another added benefit is the auto-lock feature – using the app you can set how long the Ultion SMART stays unlocked before it re-locks.
2. Yale Conexis L1 Smart Lock Compatible with most UK lift to lock multipoint locks, it’s easy to stay in control with the Yale Conexis L1 Smart lock. Use the Yale app to send mobile keys to loved ones (five are included for free) and there’s an option of purchasing additional key cards or buying key tags. The secure app uses Bluetooth, and comes with a visitor log, so you can keep track of who comes and goes.
3. Igloohome Smart Mortise Lockset This premium door lock has four forms of access: pin code, Bluetooth key (for homeowners), key cards/key tags, or a non-traditional physical key. You can issue one-time, duration specific or permanent pins via the app. It works offline, so there’s no need to worry about weak WiFi connectivity or a vulnerable WiFi connection. It also has a smart design which would fit in perfectly with any contemporary home. Interested in upgrading your home security but not sure where to start? Feel free to contact our team of friendly experts for further advice by emailing us at email@example.com or calling us on 0333 305 2967.